About Us

In the beginning,

In the year 1892 several Freemasons met together in Mount Pleasant, then the largest urban area of Vancouver, with the objective of forming a Masonic Lodge.

Mount Pleasant in the 1890's was the crossroads that led to Vancouver from New Westminster, and South to Eburne and the Fraser River. The development of the Mount Pleasant area began in the early 1870's, and in 1888 received the name of Mount Pleasant in honour of Mount Pleasant, Ireland, the birthplace of Mrs. Henry V. Edmonds, the wife of prominent realtor Henry Edmonds who owned a large tract of land in the community.

Freemasons Brothers 100 years

Then,

It was during this time that the Reifel brothers, Henry and Conrad who were both Freemasons, built the short-lived San Francisco Brewery at 11th and Westminster Rd., now Main Street. It was the same year that Charles Doering, one of the first petitioners to Acacia Lodge, erected his Vancouver Brewery at Seventh and Scotia.

The Front Gate, UGLE, Entry Doors

UGLE front doors

UGLE front doors

UGLE front doors

The Master's Hat, Freemason

The Master's Hat

UGLE front doors

UGLE front doors

The Brethren in 1947

1947

UGLE front doors

1947